Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I'm Back!

Well I know how my blog is watched like a hawk (HAHA) and my millions of followers missed me these five days (read: my 3 followers didn't notice at all), but in all seriousness, if you are reading this my 3 followers you're the best! I really didn't think I would have any followers at all and would just use this as some kind of online journal thing. SO, I have 3 orders of business today.

1. The reason I was gone: my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary was friday! It was all very exciting and I flew to California and saw my cousins who have changed A LOT in 3 years. Cards were played (it runs in the family), jokes were made, it was a good time. Sadly I forgot my camera on the trip, so alas, no pictures.

2. I have started a new goal. I haven't been 100% on it so far, but it is a work in progress one might say. I wish to use Miriam Webster's word of the day everyday. Yesterday's word was genteel and I didn't get to use it (pretty much my only option was starting a conversation with the large black man next to me on the plane and steering it in such a way as to use 'genteel'. Tell me you wouldn't have given up on the day). But anyway, from now on I will end my posts with my word of the day and (hopefully) how I plan to use it. Yay diction!

3. I have a bunny! She is the cutest thing you've ever seen. I haven't gotten to have a good photo shoot with her yet because she gets mostly active at night (side note: are rabbits nocturnal?) and there isn't enough light because she moves so much. In any case, my coworker's fiancé (see how fancy I am with the accent?) talked him into buying this bunny (whom I have named lulu (wow I'm crazy with the parentheses today)). But I guess they FORGOT that they have a BEAGLE, which was BRED over generations to HUNT RABBITS. Anyway they had to get rid of the rabbit and guess who they gave it to (to whom they gave it)! That is right, moi. So without further ado, I present Lulu.


Word of the Day (this is a weird one)
paste: to strike hard at; to beat or defeat soundly.

No comments:

Post a Comment